16 Dec INDONESIA GEOTHERMAL
- Type: Geothermal
- Location: Indonesia, Asia
- Standard: VCS
- Reference: VCS 688
- Est. Reductions: 795,000 tCO2e per year
Geothermal power plants use steam produced from reservoirs of hot water found a couple of miles or more below the Earth’s surface, instead of having to use fossil fuels. The steam rotates a turbine that activates a generator, which produces electricity. It is a natural and sustainable source of energy.
Wayang Windu Phase 2 Geothermal Power Project, is a 117MW geothermal power station, which is an additional power unit to an existing grid-connected renewable power plant. The project involves the generation of power using a reliable and renewable resource in place of power generation by a more greenhouse gas intensive fuel/source. The project reduces greenhouse gas emissions through the displacement of fossil fuel electricity generation with a clean, renewable energy source.
- Environmental Sustainability – Practising natural resource conservation or diversification. Assuring and maintaining levels of local community health and safety.
- Economic Sustainability – Assuring and maintaining local community welfare.
- Social Sustainability – Assuring and maintaining local community participation in the project and local community social integrity.
- Technological Sustainability – Technology transfer and enhancing the capacity and utilisation of local technology.
Call direct +45 31 55 44 19 to discuss your carbon offsetting and carbon neutrality requirements.